Shipped Quantity Displaying Incorrect Quantity After Split Lines And Backorder Release
Last updated on JUNE 23, 2016
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Transportation Management - Version 9.1 to 9.1 [Release 9.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
P42117- Backorder Release
When releasing a backorder that hard commits inventory to 2 different
locations, the resulting Shipment Detail record is written with an incorrect,
overstated, Shipped Quantity.
STEPS TO REPRODUCE
1. Turn Single Order Consolidation on.
2. Add new item JJK3 and Item Branch with blank primary location.
3. Add 3 secondary locations called test1 test2 test3.
4. Perform an adjustment for qty of 20 to test1 location.
5. Enter a transportation sales order for qty of 50 to the primary location
(with Availability Checking turned on). Order will have 20 shippable on line
1.000 and 30 backordered on line 1.001.
6. Run pick slip with hard commit on over the sales order. Pick slip hard
commits line 1.000 to the Test1 location (re-inquire on the order in P4210 to
7. Do an inventory adjustment for qty of 12 to test2 location and qty of 8 to
8. Do a backorder release for qty of 20 with hard commit turned ON.
Line 1.001 changes from 20 backordered to 12 shippable from location test2
line 1.002 is added for for qty of 8 shippable from location test3
line 1.101 is added for qty of 10 backordered
Lines 1.001 and 1.002 get a new shipment number.
9. Here is where the problem is. Go to work with Work with Shipments and
then Shipment Detail and check the Shipped Quantity. It shows 2 lines. Line 1
with a qty of 20 and line 2 qty of 8. Line 1 is incorrect. It should be a
quantity of 12. The system appears to be using the full backorder release
quantity of 20 for line 1.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms