Last updated on DECEMBER 16, 2015
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Configurator - Version 9.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Cross Segment Editing Rule errors are not getting cleared during validation of segments.
A number of segments are being populated by a Cross-segment Editing Rule (CSER) based on a single input. There is then a cross-check on the CSER-values by a C table resulting in population of another segment. Upon this segment, another CSER does validation and sets a CSER error if the P3209 error character is shown.
It is noted that this only occurs for the first validation. If an invalid configuration is selected followed by a valid configuration, the CSER errors are cleared immediately.
STEPS TO REPRODUCE
1. Create Configured item TCCFGP4 (STKT=C, LNTY=W) and define as Dynamic.
2. Check P3209 and ensure the error character is defined as [!].
3. Add Segments as follows:
100 Input R N 32 CL
110 Calc 1 R N 32 CL
120 Calc 2 R N 32 CL
130 Calc 3 R N 32 CL
140 Calc 4 R N 32 CL
150 Calc 5 R N 32 CL
160 Calc 6 R N 32 CL
170 Calc 7 R N 32 CL
200 Return C N
4. Create C Table FANUC1 with 7 input segments and 1 return segment. In the Cross Reference, define at item level with input segments = 110, 120, 130, 140, 150, 160 and 170. Return Segment = 200.
5.Add Table values as follows:
RED RED RED RED RED RED RED return = OK
BLUE BLUE BLUE BLUE YELLOW YELLOW YELLOW return = OK
6. Add C Assembly Inclusion Rules as follows:
* 200 EQ Table FANUC1
7. Add Cross Segment Editing Rules as follows:
I 100 Input EQ RED
* 110 Calc 1 EQ RED
* 120 Calc 2 EQ RED
* 130 Calc 3 EQ RED
* 140 Calc 4 EQ RED
* 150 Calc 5 EQ RED
* 160 Calc 6 EQ RED
* 170 Calc 7 EQ RED
I 200 Return EQ ! (error character)
* 200 Return EQ
8. Raise a Sales Order for 1 x TCCFGP4.
9. In P3210, note that all segment are highlighted in red and segment 200 has the error character and the CSER error in the msg area.
10. Set Segment 100 = Red and move down to the next line. Note that Segment 100 has no red highlight, but even though segments 110 thru 170 are populated
with [RED] and 200 = [OK], all of these segments are highlighted in red and the CSER error remains.
11. Click back on segment 100’s line and then out again. Note that all red highlighting and errors have gone.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms