E1: 32: P3210 Returns to All Item View Upon Validation - Problematic for Dynamic Processing
(Doc ID 1663758.1)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 22, 2019
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Configurator - Version 9.0 to 9.1 [Release 9.0 to 9.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
With configurator processing in the Configured Item Revisions (P3210), the system changes the View Filter of the form to All Items upon validation. Subsequently, when viewing by a specific configured item, the system changes the view from the specific item view to the All Items view. This is not too big an issue with Single Pass Processing or Non-Dynamic Processing, however with Dynamic Processing this is quite problematic as "validation" of the configured item occurs when tabbing downing down from one segment to another. Essentially, with a setup in which multiple segments occur on multiple levels, the system constantly takes the user back to the All Items view after every segment change/validation
Note 1 - The same issue exists for Non-Dynamic and Single Pass Processing setup. However, the view doesn’t change until the Validate Configuration button is clicked.
Note 2 - As far back as OneWorld Release Xe, the system has always returned the user to the All Items view upon validation of the configured item.
1. Create two configured items. For the parent item, define the Rules Processing Method as Dynamic in the Configured Item Information (Row Exit behind Configured Item Segments – P3291).
2. Create segments in P3291 for both the parent and the component. In this example, 10 segments have been defined for each configured item to demonstrate the magnitude of the issue.
3. In P3293, create an unconditional P Rule at the configured parent-level to return the configured component item to the configuration.
4. Create a sales order for the configured parent item.
5. When the Configured Item Revisions form (P3210) is prompted, the system defaults the All Item Filter view.
6. Change the Item Filter to look at only the configured component item’s segments. Click the blue circle next the drop-down for the system to change the view.
7. Once the view is changed the component view, change a Segment answer and tab down.
8. Note that the system returns the user back to the All Items view. This is the reported issue.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document