Last updated on OCTOBER 16, 2015
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Configurator - Version 9.0 to 9.1 [Release 9.0 to 9.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
With a setup in which the Branch/Plant Constants (P41001) are defined with the Sales/Inventory Cost Method defined as 02, when completing a configured item (via P31114), the system is updating the 02 record of the parent configured item instead of the 07 in the P4105. For the configured parent item, a Sales/Inventory Method in the P4105 is defined as 07 in the primary location, and the Sales/Inventory Method in the B/P Constants is defined as 02. Additionally, the system appears to be calculating the cost correctly (from the component Standard Costs - P32006), just not populating the value into the parent 07 bucket.
Steps to Duplicate:
1. Define the B/P Constants with the Sales/Inventory Method defined as 02 – Weighted Average.
2. In the P3293, for the configured parent item, define an unconditional Assembly Inclusion Rule to return a purchased item.
3. Ensure that the P4105 of the Primary Location of the parent configured item is defined with the Sales/Inventory Cost Method as 07 – Standard.
4. In the P4105 of the purchased component item, for this test, the Sales/Inventory Method defined as 02. The 02 cost is $25 while the 07 cost is defined as $40.
5. In P4210, create a sales order for the configured item.
6. When prompted, configure the item in P3210.
7. Accept the sales order and note the system calculates the cost based on the 02 cost of the purchased component which appears to be correct..
8. Run Work Order Processing (R31410) and note that the related sales order Unit Cost of the configured parent has been correctly updated to $40 which is the Standard 07 Cost of the component item.
9. The Production Inquiry (P31022) is correctly updated @ $40.
10. Complete the relate work order via P31114.
11. Not the Item Legder/Cardex is updated with a Unit Cost of $40.
12. However, the system is incorrectly updating the 02 Cost of the configured parent (at the completed lot/location) with $40 instead of the 07 bucket. THIS is the reported issue.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms