Last updated on DECEMBER 15, 2015
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Capital Asset Management - Version 9.1 to 9.1 [Release 9.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When NO other equipment number exists in the Assets Master (F1201) and Equipment Master Extension (F1217) files with the Same Equipment, Unit or Serial Number, when simply going into the P1702 Equipment Master Revisions and Populating the Product Model (PRODM) field, if the decision is made that the Product Model is not needed, upon deleting the Product Model and tabbing out of the field, error 0775 Duplicate Item/Unit/Serial Number is given. The issue is that the record is now locked with the error message; no changes can be made and the record cannot be saved. The user has to cancel out of the P1702 and inquire on the Asset / Equipment number.
Steps to duplicate:
1. From menu G1311 / P1701 / P1702, create a new asset and click OK to save.
2. Re-inquire on the new asset.
3. Access the Product Model field (PRODM) and, for example, select C100 from the UDC. In this test CBX will auto populate as the Product Family in the Product Family (PRODF) field.
4. Delete C100 out of the Product Model (PRODM) field and tab out or step off the field.
5. Notice Error Message “DuplicateItem/Unit/Serial Number” is given and the record is now locked. Changes or saving of those changes cannot occur. Cancel out of the P1702 and inquire on the Asset / Equipment number to get past the bogus error.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms