Last updated on NOVEMBER 06, 2015
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Bulk Stock Inventory - Version 9.1 to 9.1 [Release 9.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When ship confirming a sales order for a bulk product, the system compares the ambient volume of the item on the sales order to the On Hand quantity in Item Location file (F41021). This is not correct because the On Hand quantity in F41021 is always updated with the Standard Quantities calculated for the bulk product. This causes false error messages "Confirm will cause negative On Hand qty" (error ID 3015) to be displayed for the users.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Setup a bulk item with Primary UOM and Volume UOM = LT.
2. Enter some bulk transactions such that Qty On Hand for the item is < 80000 LT in F41021.
3. Enter a sales order for 80000 LT.
4. When trying to ship confirm the sales order with P4205 processing option set to ship at ambient volume, the system compares the Ambient Qty of 80000 LT to the F41021 On Hand Quantity of 79754 LT and issues hard error “Confirm will cause Negative On Hand Qty”.
Instead, the system should compare the calculated Standard Qty to the F41021 On Hand Qty.
5. If the user changes the P4205 processing option to allow shipping from negative On Hand, the order will be shipped without errors and F41021, F4111 and the Bulk Ledger will be updated correctly.
When Ship Confirming a bulk product at ambient temperature, the system should first convert the ambient quantity to standard quantity, then compare the calculated standard qty to the F41021 On Hand Qty.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms