Last updated on JUNE 18, 2014
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Service Management - Version 9.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Invalid company used for service work order billing
responsible business unit (business unit under the accounting tab) is
documented as the business unit to which work orders should be billed.
using a business unit that is linked to a different company than the
work order branch field (under order detail tab), the system does not
use the correct company for the work order and as a result invoices are
issued from the wrong company.
1. Create a work order using P48201/P17714
2. Enter a branch plant that is linked to company 00001 in the Branch Field
3. In the accounting tab, choose a business unit that is linked to company 00003 (a different company)
4. Save the work order.
5. Look in F4801. Look at CO field and notice it is using company 00001.
6. Add labor and parts to the work order and bill out the work order.
7. Notice that when the work order gets issued to AR, the invoice is for company 00001 and 00003.
Expected result: the system should use the company linked to the business unit (under accounting tab) to bill work orders and not that of the branch plant).
(in the example used, this is company 00003 and not company 00001. Only company 00003 should be used).
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms