E1: 32: Copied/Converted Sales Orders Lose Configured Generic Text and Attachments from Original Order
(Doc ID 1917757.1)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 22, 2019
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Configurator - Version 9.1 to 9.1 [Release 9.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
For sales orders for configured items, when the Configured Generic Text is modified either to the text itself or an attachment is added, the system does not retain these changes when copying any type of sale order (including sales quotes) or when releasing a sales quote via P420111.
Steps to Duplicate:
1. Behind Sales Order Entry (P4210), ensure that Processing Option 4 of the Duplication tab of P4210 is defined as a ‘2’ although the definition of this processing option does not appear to have any affect.
2. Via P4210, create a sales order for a configured item.
3. When the Configured Item Revisions form (P3210) is prompted, validate the item and click Add to Order.
4. Save the order.
5. Reinquire on the order and click into the sales order detail. Click the check box next to the configured item and take the Row exit to Configured Generic Text.
6. Note the configured text as generated based on the Configured Segment Revisions (P3291) definition.
7. Add text.
8. Click the File icon.
9. Add a file and click Save.
10. Note the attachment and click Save.
11. Save the sales order.
12. Inquire on the order. Click the check box next to the configured item and click the Copy icon.
13. Save the new order.
14. Inquire on the new order and take the Configured Generic Text Row exit.
15. Not that the system did not copy over the text changes or the added file. This is the reported issue.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document