Last updated on DECEMBER 16, 2015
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Requirements Planning - Version 9.0 to 9.0 [Release 9.0]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The Net change flag does not always get updated when P4210 scheduled pick date is changed.
If the net change flag (MRPC) for the sales order header branch plant is set to '1', the net change flag is not updated for the branch plant on the sales order detail line when the scheduled pick date (PDDJ) is changed. If the net change flag for the sales order header branch plant is not set to '1', the net change flag is updated as expected for the inventory branch plant on the sales order detail line.
When processing interbranch orders, sales order entry and the associated business functions (B4200311 LN5602) retrieve item branch (F4102) information based on the sales order detail item (F4211.ITM) and the sales order header branch (F4201.MCU). When the application and business functions determine if the net change flag (F4102.MRPC) needs to be set, it first checks to see what the current value of that field is. Instead of doing another fetch to the F4102, the business function “B4205170 – Get Item Data Commitments” uses the data that was cached in the “B4200311 – Sales Order Entry Master Business Function” which used the header branch plant to retrieve and store the item branch data.
For example, if the header branch on the sales order was 5 and the current net change value (F4102.MRPC) for item 0130994 in branch 5 was already set to “1”. Because of this, it skips the logic that performs the update to the net change flag. If it did not skip this logic, it would have correctly updated the F4102.MRPC for the detail branch and not the header.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create named version of P4210 setup for Interbranch orders.
2. Enter Interbranch sales order for MRP planning parent item, where SO header branch and SO detail branch are not the same, such as in M30 and M40, respectively.
3. Verify that SO entry set the net change flag for both branch records, such as in M30 and M40.
4. Clear the net change flag for the detail line branch plant record only, either by running MRP or using G3422/P3402 Net Change review.
5. Verify that the net change flag for the header branch, M30, is set but the detail branch, M40, is cleared.
6. From P4210, detail change, update the Scheduled Pick Date, PDDJ, to a new date, in order to trigger the item branch record net change flag to be populated by the detail line change.
Note: A databrowser query over V4102D business view shows that the net change flag for the Interbranch SO detail record is not populated as expected. This is incorrect, as this field is populated if the detail line is in M30 or if the detail line for M40 does not have the Inter branch
Flag (SO01) set.
Due to this issue, users cannot know that the detail line changes will not trigger net change planning. Planning will be incorrect until next full regen planning run.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms