Last updated on DECEMBER 15, 2015
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Configurator - Version 9.1 to 9.1 [Release 9.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When a configured parent is set up as Single-pass, if segment answers are entered in such a way that a configured child will be invoked but its default segment answers create a Cross Segment Editing rule error, the user will not be able to clear the error upon changing segment answers where the configured child is no longer invoked.
If the configured parent is changed to Non-dynamic, the Cross Segment Editing rule error can be cleared by clicking on the Validate Configuration button twice.
Steps to duplicate
1. Create one parent and one child configured item.
2. In the parent’s Configured Item Information (row exit in P3291), select Single-Pass in the Rules Processing section.
3. In the parent’s configured item segments (P3291), create one alphanumeric and two numeric segments.
4. In the parent’s P assembly inclusion rule (P3293), create a conditional rule where if one of the numeric segments is a certain value, the configured child will be used.
5. Create three configured item segments for the child; the first two should be calculated and the third should be required with a default answer.
6. Create two C assembly inclusion rules where segment values in the child get populated from parent segments using the Derived Calculation field (i.e. S10=PARENT=).
7. For the child, create a cross segment editing rule where the required segment must be answered with a certain value if one of the calculated segments (populated from the parent) is a certain value.
8. Create a sales order (P4210) for the configured parent.
9. When the system calls the P3210, configured the parent is such a way that the configured child will be invoked and in such a way that will make the child’s default segment violate the Cross Segment Editing rule.
10. Click the Validate Configuration button; notice that the system displays Error: Cross Segment Editing rule failed.
11. Change the parent’s segment answers such that the child no longer is invoked. Notice that upon clicking Validate Configuration, the system clears the child segments from the P3210 but does not clear the cross segment editing error. Subsequent clicking on the Validate Configuration never clears the error.
Note: if the configured parent is changed to non-dynamic, the system will clear the cross segment editing error after clicking Validate Configuration a second time.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms