E1: 13: 17: Create Purchase Order J Line Type UOM Error
Last updated on FEBRUARY 01, 2016
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Capital Asset Management - Version 9.0 to 9.1 [Release 9.0 to 9.1]
JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Service Management - Version 9.0 to 9.1 [Release 9.0 to 9.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 9.0 version, Equipment Parts List P13730
P13730 Create Purchase Order J Line Type UOM Error.
If a J line type line on the SWM/CAM work order parts list (A Interface) happens to have an Item/Part number that matches a part that is setup in the Item Master AND the line has a Unit of Measure that is NOT related to the item in the Item Master, THEN when attempting to create a Purchase Order (PO creation), an error is received, for example: UOM Conversion BX to EA Unsuccessful.
UOM Conversion BX to EA Unsuccessful
A form level error has occurred.
CAUSE: An error condition was encountered when attempting to convert
a quantity from unit of measure "CS" to "EA ". An error results
when a conversion factor to the primary unit of measure cannot
be found for one or both of the units of measure involved in the
RESOLUTION: Use the Unit of Measure Conversion program (P41002) or the
Standard Unit of Measure Conversion program (P41003) to setup the
necessary conversion factor(s).
Control Id 152
Control Title Create Purchase Order
Event Button clicked
Line No 65
Source File b4000520.c
Source Line 644
Error ID 085D
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. On application P40205 (Order Line Types) for the Line Type J (Inventory Interface A), ensure the "Edit Item Master For Non-Stock Item" (alias PDC3) box is unchecked.
2. On menu G1316 enter the Planning Workbench (P13700) and press ADD.
3. Add a new work order and save and exit the work order.
4. On P13700, find the new work order, and select it.
5. On P13714 (Planning Workbench - Work Order) select the Parts List tab.
6. On the P13730 (Parts List)enter item 210 (which exists in the Item Master, for example) into the Inventory Item Number field, enter an estimated quantity, and Line Type J, and a Unit of Measure (UM) of BX (for example, one that does NOT match the Unit of Measures for the Item Master. Save the parts list.
7. Press the Create Purchase Order button. Receive the error: UOM Conversion BX to EA Unsuccessful. This is incorrect.
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, users cannot successfully create related purchase order.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms