E1: E1PAGE: E1Pages Do Not Work Correctly In A Horizontal HTML Cluster
(Doc ID 1946388.1)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 22, 2019
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Tools - Version 9.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Published E1Pages do not work on horizontal cluster environment.
Steps To Duplicate
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Set up horizontal cluster, with 2 Nodes, 2 HTTP servers
2. Add and Publish an E1page
3. The E1page display correctly on the first server, but not on the second one. On the second machine, there is no error for the E1Page, but the images will not display, neither the functionality behind the tiles.
It looks like the home.html is rendered but without any resources, functionality.
This only happens in the following scenario:
HTTP server (IHS) is running on node A and the http plug-in connects to a cluster member on node B. The E1-pages are extracted on the fly on node B, but the http server tries to deliver the content from node A, which is not possible.
1. Use the URL with WAS2:8080 (use the HTTP server on the second machine)
The first sign in takes you to an instance on WAS1.
The E1pages fails to render, even after refresh CTRL+F5.
The e1pages folder is extracted on WAS1, as this is the jas instance that the user end up on, but the HTTP request is done from WAS2.
2. Sign in on a different browser to create a new session, having the user directed to an instance on WAS2.
E1Pages are ok - e1pages folder is copied over on WAS2, the request is done through HTTP server on WAS2.
At this time, we will have the e1pages folder on both machines, so just do a refresh on the first login (URL with WAS2 but user on WAS1 jas instance that was not working before) and the E1Pages show up as they should.
The problem can be seen only when there is a mismatch between the HTTP used in URL and the instance where the user falls into, and only after a fresh restart.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document