E1: TR: Oracle Announces JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Tools Release 9.1 Update 5 and Application Enhancements
(Doc ID 1952442.1)
Last updated on APRIL 27, 2017
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Tools - Version 9.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Oracle Announces JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Tools Release 9.1 Update 5 and Application Enhancements
JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Tools 9.1 Update 5 demonstrates Oracle’s commitment to continuous innovation for the JD Edwards EnterpriseOne 9.0 and 9.1 Application releases. Tools 9.1 Update 5 will enable JD Edwards EnterpriseOne customers to achieve competitive advantage by improving IT processes, driving down costs, and overall transforming their business.
JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Tools 9.1.5 Overview
Every JD Edwards EnterpriseOne installation is supported by a JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Tools release delivering an innovative user experience, scalability, high performance, and security for the JD Edwards EnterpriseOne application modules. Tools update releases are typically delivered every six to twelve months and contain new feature enhancements, new platform certifications, and product maintenance.
The JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Tools 9.1 Update 5 release (Tools 9.1.5) includes key enhancements to support the end-user experience, Oracle In-Memory database option, One View Reporting, System Administration, and Server Management.
JD Edwards EnterpriseOne end-user experience enhancements include:
- A modern application look based on an updated style sheet called ‘Alta’ including changes in colors, fonts, icons, tabs, and buttons. This enhancement helps standardize the JD Edwards EnterpriseOne UI to match other Oracle ERP product and cloud offerings.
- Simplified media objects with the ability to drag and drop files from the desktop.
- Improved menu navigation using “breadcrumbs”, which provides quick access to recently run applications by preserving recent breadcrumbs between user sessions.
- Simplified user interface navigation designed for the casual or infrequent user. Configurable by user or role, EnterpriseOne Pages provide simplified navigation, contain minimal applications, and exclude extra features such as menus and the carousel.
- Improved calendar and email integration enabling users to send email and create meeting invitations from any application with a link back to the application.
JD Edwards One View Reporting Usability features provide the ability to:
- Display a notification or warning message when a report exceeds the maximum amount of records that can be displayed and is configurable for PDFs that are shared among users.
- Display the query criteria used on the application to generate the One View Report.
- Simplify interaction by using a drill-back link from a report to automatically start the process of loading results into the called application.
Server Management and System Administration enhancements for:
- Management of mobile applications through Server Manager to include the daily tracking of key metrics such as connected users, connected device type, mobile application and version, monitoring, and logging.
- Reduce the time to build and deploy modifications and patches to servers by removing the requirement to build a client package prior to the build of a server package.
- Support for clustered Business Services Server instance for JD Edwards EnterpriseOne outbound web services and Application Interface Services (AIS) Server to enable scalability, load balancing, and high availability for JD Edwards environments.
Platform Product Certifications to support:
- Maintenance of your JD Edwards EnterpriseOne infrastructure with the latest platform components from Oracle and our technology vendors.
- Oracle Database 188.8.131.52, including the Database In-Memory option
- Oracle Database 12.1.x on IBM AIX and HP-UX
- Internet Explorer 11 in native mode, rather than in compatibility mode
- IBM DB2 on IBM AIX and Microsoft Windows
- IBM i 7.2
JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Tools 9.1 Update 5 is the final planned update to Tools 9.1. The next planned tools release is JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Tools 9.2.
Available as part of standard maintenance, JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Tools 9.1 Update 5 is available for Application releases 9.0 (including Updates 1 & 2) and 9.1 (including Update 2). JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Tools 9.1 Update 5 is not compatible with application releases preceding JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Applications 9.0.
JD Edwards Real-Time Financial Reconciliation Applications
JD Edwards EnterpriseOne releases new real-time interactive Financial Reconciliation applications. Month-end financial processing has until now involved running batch jobs to reconcile account information from numerous related tables in the General Accounting, Accounts Payable, and Accounts Receivable systems. These batch jobs typically run for hours and require significant additional time to manually review the PDF output. The new interactive Financial Reconciliation applications perform the same function in real time and allow users to work with exceptions interactively. Real-time financial reconciliation provides users with immediate feedback and enables them to address exceptions immediately instead of having to wait for reconciliation processing at the end of a month or a quarter. This feature significantly reduces the amount of time needed for period-end closing. This release delivers the following highlights:
- 7 new Real Time Financial Reconciliation applications
- Accounts to Business Units, Transactions to Account Master, Account Balance without Account Master, Transactions to Batch Header, Companies by Batch out of Balance, Batches out of Balance, and Companies out of Balance
- Performance testing with 10 million accounts and 120 million transactions using the Oracle Database In-Memory option improved the overall processing performance 120 time faster in real-time compared to the prior batch processing.
- The new applications are available at no additional cost to customers licensed to JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Financials.
- The new applications run on all platforms and databases supported by JD Edwards EnterpriseOne. However, the extreme performance improvements noted above were observed in testing with the Oracle Database In-Memory option.
- The new applications are available on a minimum Application Release of 9.1 and require a minimum Tools Release of 9.1 Update 5.
- Embedded Watchlist notifications within the new real-time Financial Reconciliation applications require a user license to One View Reporting Foundation.
JD Edwards In-Memory Planning Advisor Updates
JD Edwards EnterpriseOne In-Memory Planning Advisor previously released in April 2014 has been enhanced to provide users with even greater flexibility and easy access to important information to support real-time decisions. Enhancements include:
- Lead time alerts drawing attention to messages that require immediate attention
- Critical component alerts – to enable users to easily review effects of changes on production schedules before saving or implementing the changes
- Adjusted and unadjusted available quantities calculated and displayed in the Supply/Demand Details grid
- User-selected unit of measure
- Direct access to the Console eliminating the need to drill in from the Summary which required unprocessed MRP messages
- Ability to conveniently freeze or unfreeze orders from the Console
- Forecast consumption by customer
The In-Memory Planning Advisor requires Oracle Engineered Systems hardware (Exadata / Exalogic or SuperCluster). The listed enhancements require a minimum Tools Release of 9.1 Update 5.
- Oracle’s JD Edwards EnterpriseOne
- Documentation Overview
- Known Issues and Workarounds for Tools 9.1 Update 5
- Minimum Technical Requirements for JD Edwards EnterpriseOne are available from the “Certifications” tab on My Oracle Support
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document
|Oracle Announces JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Tools Release 9.1 Update 5 and Application Enhancements|
|JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Tools 9.1.5 Overview|