E1: 32: R31410 does not Roll Cost to Configured Parent Work Order From Configured Child in a Different Branch
Last updated on DECEMBER 10, 2015
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Configurator - Version 9.1 to 9.1 [Release 9.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When a configured parent in branch A calls a configured child in branch B, upon processing the R31410 over work orders in descending order, the system will not roll the component cost to the parent work order in the F3102 - Production Cost Inquiry.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create a configured parent item in the Item Master and in two branch plants (i.e. M30 and M40) in the Item Branch (P41026).
2. Create a configured child in the Item Master and in the same two branches in the Item Branch.
3. Create a purchased child item the Item Master and the same two branches in the Item Branch.
4. Create simulated costs in the P30026 for the purchased lower-level component and freeze (R30835).
5. Create a simple configured item segment (P3291) for the configured parent in the first branch plant (M30).
6. Create a P rule (P3293) for the parent with the child configured item using the second branch (M40). Make the Transaction Type = 2.
7. Create a simple configured item segment for the child configured item in the second (M40) branch plant.
8. Create a P assembly inclusion rule for the child in the second branch plant (M40); use the purchase item with frozen standard costs.
9. Add a sales order (P4210) for the configured parent item in the first branch plant (M30).
10. Configure in the P3210; notice that the system calculates cost at the parent level.
11. Accept the order and re-inquire on the sales order detail. Take the row exit to Config Related Order; click on Show Details and note the work order numbers.
12. Add a version of Work Order Processing, R31410; enter the work order numbers in the data selection and set the data sequencing to descending.
13. After running the R31410, fast path to P31022, Production Cost Inquiry, and inquire on the child work order. Notice that the system calculates cost as expected.
14. Inquire on the on the parent work order number in the P31022. Notice that the system does not display cost.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms