E1: 13: Item Branch Line Type On Work Order Parts List Incorrect But No Validation Performed
Last updated on FEBRUARY 01, 2016
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Capital Asset Management - Version 9.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Someone can create a work order with a part on it that has a corresponding Item Master and Item Branch record. They can then change the line type on the item so that the line type on the work order parts list does not match the line type on the Item Branch record. When they create an order from the work order parts lists, no verification is done to ensure that the line type on the Item Branch record is correct. The item goes through approvals and moves clear through to receipt with the wrong line type and without any issues, until they try to receive it. Once they try to receive it, the line errors out and there is no way to be able to change the line type on the purchase order.
1) Create an equipment work order
2) Put a part on the parts list where the Line type of the part is an S (Inv interface Y - Stock item) and OK
3) Re-inquire on the parts list and then change the part number on the part to be an item that has inv interface (OD- On Demand)
4) Then process item and create a Purchase order for this part and process all the way through to the PO Receipt.
5) this is where the error occurs.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms