E1: 42: R42520 Does Not Sort Alphanumeric Lot Numbers With Commitment Method 3
Last updated on AUGUST 08, 2017
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Sales Order Management - Version 9.1 to 9.1 [Release 9.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When having two or more lots with the same expiration date and alphanumeric lot numbers, running Print Pick Slips will hard commit a random lot from the available pool.
It seems the system is unable to sort the alphanumeric lot numbers. If the lot numbers are numeric, the system will commit the correct lot (i.e. ABC0001, ABC0002 vs 123451, 123452).
If the Commitment Method is set to 2 (Lowest Lot Number), the system will commit the correct lot even if the lot number is alphanumeric.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Set item with settings from problem description;
2. Set System Constants not to allow duplicate lots (System Constants / Allow Duplicate Lots - 1);
3. Create two or more lots with the same expiration date and alphanumeric lot numbers;
4. Enter a new Sales Order without committing;
5. Run R42520 for this Sales Order.
6. Observe the committed lot.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms