E1: XMLP: Is there a way to Delay Email Delivery of a BI Report?
Last updated on MAY 30, 2017
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Tools - Version 9.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Is there a way to delay email delivery of a BI report?
Situation: A UBE, like Accounts Payable EFT, generates an EFT file, which also has the report output, which we would like to deliver to the recipients via email.
Our process has the following steps:
1. Create payment control group (R04570).
2. Generate the Accounts Payable EFT file (which contains the output we would like to email), using the write payments step (custom EFT UBE that includes an email address).
3. Take the EFT file and transfer to the bank (custom application in E1).
4. Wait for confirmation from the bank the file has processed successfully.
5. Email the recipient's the output from the generate Accounts Payable EFT step (step 2).
There isn't a way for us to re-generate the A/P EFT output again (without also re-generating the EFT file), so we would like to separate the step of the output generation from the email delivery through B.I. Publisher.
The above example is only one situation and is not necessarily tied to Accounts Payable.
Is there a way to delay the delivery of the email through B.I. Publisher?
We would like to separate the generate of the report output from the B.I. Publisher email delivery, into two steps, for those UBE's where we cannot re-run a UBE to generate the output again.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms