E1: 41F: Deleting Item Structure Definition Deletes Item B/P Record Despite Open Purchase Orders
(Doc ID 1987889.1)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 22, 2019
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Apparel Management - Version 9.1 to 9.1 [Release 9.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
After creating a purchase order for a child style item, the system allows the deletion of these items when revising the level in Item Structure Definition. This removes the Item Branch record, even though open orders exist. When the user inquires on the purchase order, they receive error "Item Number Invalid", but no indication of which line is generating the error.
STEPS TO REPRODUCE
1. Create a new parent style item (In this case, used jeans)
2. Define 2 levels, such as Color (level 1) and Wash (level 2)
3. Create child items using PCW02
4. Enter a PO for some of the items created
5. In PCW02 (accessed via PCW51), select the Wash level and then Structure Revision
6. Del-select the first and last wash levels, then Create Style Items.
7. Inquire on the item in P41026 to verify that the Item Branch records were correctly deleted - notice that only the last wash level code (UD-used) was removed.
8. Re-inquire on PO created in step 4 and receive error"Item Number
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document