Last updated on DECEMBER 16, 2015
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Requirements Planning - Version 9.1 to 9.1 [Release 9.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
R3482 MPS is incorrectly suggesting a Cancel message instead of an Expedite or Defer in the following situation:
1. Parent and Components are Production Number controlled.
2. Component exists twice on Partslist (separate CPNBs) of PN Parent Work Order.
3. Originating Sales Order has its Scheduled Pick Date changed.
If the Cancel message is processed and MPS run again, a new Order message is suggested to match the changed Scheduled Pick Date. If the component exists once on the partslist, the problem does not occur.
STEPS TO REPRODUCE
1. Create Mfg items VANDP1, VANDC1 and VANDC2 (STKT=M, LNTY=W) with Production Numbers enabled on all three items.
2. Go to P34402 Production Number Structure Definition and select an existing set-up for company 00200.
3. Create a BOM for VANDP1 adding 1 x VANDC1 and 2 lines with 1xVANDC2.
4. Create a version of P4210 (copied from ZJDE0008) with Production Numbers enabled and to auto generate and use the Production Number Type from step 2.
5. Raise a Sales Order for 1 x VANDP1 with a Request Date of 1st May 15.
6. Attach the Parts List to the generated Work Order.
7. Create a new version of MPS R3482 with Production Numbers enabled (Mfg Mode, Opt 2 = 2).
8. Run MPS and review the O msgs for the components.
9. Process the messages to create Work Orders for the two components.
10. Change the Scheduled Pick Date of the Sales Order to be next week (13th March 15).
11. Run MPS and note that there is an Expedite msg for VANDC1 to 13th March, but a Cancel msg for VANDC2.
12. If the C msg on VANDC2 is processed and MPS run again, a new O msg is created for the revised date (13th March).
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms