Last updated on DECEMBER 10, 2015
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Capital Asset Management - Version 9.0 to 9.0 [Release 9.0]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When attempting to Inquire on an asset in the P1205 Equipment Message Log, and the Primary Identifier for Equipment in the Equipment Constants P001012 is not the Asset Number, or Unit Number its Serial Number, and the Equipment Serial Number was blank in the Equipment Master P1702 when the asset was created. If the Asset is then deleted out of the Equipment Master P1702 / F1217 / F1201 following error occurs, when inquiring on an asset in the P1205 Equipment Message Log using Message Type = * and Through Date = Today's Date.
WEB CLIENT EXCEPTION
An exception has been caught by the Web client. Please contact your system administrator. See log for details. Exception id =Exception_2015-03-24 10:56:27.933_ACXXXXXXX Invalid row number (-1)
STEPS to duplicate
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Go to menu G1341 Equipment Constants P001012 and make Serial Number the Primary System Identifier. Sign off of system, Clear Web and Data Base Cache and Sign back on.
2. Go to Menu G1311 / P1701 click add to go to Equipment Master P1702 Revisions and create an asset that only has an Asset Number, Unit Number and "NO Serial Number".
Not sure this matters, but make the Date Acquired and Installation Date in the past i.e. 11/10/2009
3. Go to P1205 Work with Message Logs and Add a Message Log. In the Equipment Number field enter the asset number just created above, in the Message From field enter your name, Message Type = M, and Tickler Date = 11/10/2009 then click save.
4. Go to Menu G1311 / P1701 Equipment Master and delete the asset.
5. Go back into the P1205 and leave the Equipment Number field Blank, Message Type can be * or M, and Through Date equal Today's Date i.e. 3/24/15.
5.. Click Find and notice the error
WEB CLIENT EXCEPTION
An exception has been caught by the Web client. Please contact your system administrator. See log for details. Exception id =Exception_2015-03-24 10:56:27.933_AC6888888 Invalid row number (-1)
7. This is more than likely because the asset is no longer in the P1702 / F1217 / and F1201, but its still in the F1205 Message Log File.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms