E1: 42: R42997 Wrong Commitment when Changing the Quantity
Last updated on NOVEMBER 06, 2015
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Sales Order Management - Version 9.1 to 9.1 [Release 9.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When modifying a SO where a lot has already been hard committed using R42997, if you enter a quantity greater than available for the currently selected lot but less than total available quantity and you remove lot/location to get new auto-commitment, R42997 will commit the exact same lot as before for the full quantity and consider full quantity as "shipped" without separating the part that should be backordered or committed with another lot.
1. Set an item and have the following qty on hand/available for it:
Location A – lot 1 = 100 EA
Location B – lot 2 = 210 EA
2. P4210 enter a sales order for 75 EA. The Processing options for P4210 are set to call the online commitment R42997 report.
3. Save the order and the R42997 online commitment is run automatically. Inquire on the sales order after the report completes and check the order line was hard committed to lot 1 from location A.
4. P4210 select the order and change the quantity to be more than available for the first lot (e.g. 150 EA).
A warning message is displayed because the order qty exceeds the available one.
Remove the location/lot from the line. This will clear the warning, as there is sufficient qty in the entire branch for that item.
5. Save the order. R42997 is called automatically again as per the processing options.
Check the order and notice the system used the same location/lot combination for the entire qty (location A, lot 1), even if the lot does not contain sufficient qty.
Note: If you clear the lot/location prior to changing the quantity, the recommitment works fine.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms