Last updated on JULY 11, 2016
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Warehouse Management - Version 9.1 to 9.1 [Release 9.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Picking Movement Instructions using UOM Groups are not being used.
When an Item with UOM groups and picking movement instructions are set up also for UOM groups, (R46171) seems to be selecting a location that does not belong to the proper UOM group and request is advancing to the suggested status and the F4611 record is created with wrong location too.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Added new UDC: 00/UM: 4F, 3F, 2L
2. Create an item with 4 Levels of structure
3. Set up item UOM conversion for the above step 1.
4. Set up each UOM for the item in different UOM groups
5. Create Picking instructions for all the UOM groups and UOM. Make sure the first instruction is set to random and for a different UOM Group, different from any of the Item UOM Groups.
6. Set up a Random Rule with locations for first line of instruction (R46821 and R46027)
7. Make sure the item has availability in some fixed picking locations and also in one of the Random location
8. Create an order for the item with 150 EA and generate a picking request
9. Run (R46171) pick request
10. The Process Pick Request UBE correctly suggests the Random Rule because Random Rule belongs to 'UM GP: PL'.'UM GP: PL' is associated with 'U/M: 4F'.
System looks for the U/M with highest UM Structure (Conversion to Primary: 144 for UOM: 4F AND for this UM's UM Grp: PL.
11. For remaining balance, 6 EA. Random Rule also exists followed by Conversion to Primary: 2 for UOM: 2L since Conversion to Primary: 2 < Qty attempted and since UOM: 2L belongs to fixed location, but it was wrongly suggested using random rule.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms