E1: 42W: Availability Check and IC Preference Causes Backorder in Fulfillment Entry
(Doc ID 2000564.1)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 01, 2020
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Fulfillment Management - Version 9.1 to 9.1 [Release 9.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 9.1 version, Fulfillment Management
Sales Order Entry (P4210)
Tools Release 9.1
When attempting to enter a Fulfillment Management Sales Order based upon an item group and category code, with the Inventory Commitment Advanced Preference used alongside the Fulfillment Entry Preference the system checks availability and issues the following warning and backorders the item before sending the item into fulfillment.
Order Quantity Exceeds what’s Available (030B)
CAUSE . . . . There is not enough available quantity to completely ship this order.
RESOLUTION. . This is a warning. The order will exhaust current availability, then backorder or cancel the remaining order quantity if specified in the processing option.
The quantity backordered and future committed quantity are BOTH updated.
Availability Checking should not be performed, if the item entered in the order has the Item Group and Category Code that matches the Fulfillment Entry (ALLOC) Preference Type 41 setup. The order should not enter fulfillment and go on backorder at the same time.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Setup an Item Group (P4092) named FMS based on Supplier Rebate Code (PRP3).
- Setup an Item Branch Record (P41026) with a value of Y in the Supplier Rebate Code (PRP3).
- Adjust Inventory (P4114) so 5 units are available.
- Setup a Preference Definition (P4071) for Fulfillment Entry (ALLOC) Preference Type 41 with the Item Group FMS populated.
- Setup a Preference Detail (P4072) record for Fulfillment Entry (ALLOC) Preference Type 41 with the Item Group and Supplier Rebate Code (PRP3) populated with a Y.
- In the Preference Values Revisions Order Type SO has In Fulfillment set to 1.
- In the Advanced Preference Schedule (P4070) Add Inventory Commitment Preference Type 05 AFTER the Fulfillment Entry Preference Type 41.
- Setup a Preference Definition (P4071) for Inventory Commitment Preference (INVCOMIT) Preference Type 05.
- Setup a Preference Detail (P4072) record for Inventory Commitment Preference (INVCOMIT) Preference Type 05 for Customer Only.
- In the Preference Values Revisions, populate branch 30 as the preferred branch and 0 as the percent to fill.
- Setup a Sales Order Entry (P4210) version with the Advanced Preference Schedule populated on the Preferences Tab Option #3 and Option #2 (Inventory Commitment Preference) set to 2 (All Orders).
- Make sure Availability Checking is Activated in the Commitment Tab Option #1.
- Setup a Powerforms Sales Order Entry (P42101) Version that calls the Regular Sales Order Entry (P4210) version.
- Using Powerforms Sales Order Entry (P42101) create a Sales Order for 10 items but 5 are available. Quantity Backordered shows 5 and Order Quantity Exceeds what’s Available (030B). Click OK.
- Fulfillment Workbench (P4277701) shows order did go into fulfillment.
- Sales Detail File (F4211) shows order did go on backorder. All 10 units are future committed and 5 units are also on backorder.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document