Last updated on SEPTEMBER 08, 2016
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Warehouse Management - Version 9.1 to 9.2 [Release 9.1 to 9.2]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Picking Movement Instructions using UOM Groups are not properly used when using Random and Fixed Location.
When an Item with UOM groups and picking movement instructions are set up also for UOM groups using Random Location and Fixed Location, the R46171 seems to be selecting a location that only fulfill to the proper UOM group of the Random Location, and not picking up the UOM group of the Fixed Location.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Added new UDC: 00/UM: 4F, 3F, 2L
- Create an item with 4 Levels of structure
- Set up item UOM conversion for the above step 1.
- Set up each UOM for the item in different UOM groups UM: 2L/3F/4F/EA, to respective UM Grp: WA/CA/PL/PR
- Create Picking instructions for all the UOM groups and UOM. Make sure the first instruction is set to random and for a different UOM Group, different from any of the Item UOM Groups.
- Set up a Random Rule with locations for first line of instruction (R46821 and R46027)
- Make sure the item has availability in some fixed picking locations and also in one of the Random location.
- Create an order for the item with 1120 EA and generate a picking request.
- Run R46171 pick request.
- The Process Pick Request UBE correctly suggests the Random Rule because Random Rule belongs to UOM GP with UOM: 4F, 3F, 2L. System looks for the U/M with highest UM Structure (Conversion to Primary: 1008 for UOM:4F AND for this UM's UM Grp: PL, 72 for UOM:3F for this UM Grp:CA, 20 for UOM:2L for this UM Grp: WA
- For remaining balance, 20 EA, should suggest to fixed location UM Grp:PR for UOM:EA, but it was not suggested.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms