Last updated on OCTOBER 22, 2015
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Service Management - Version 9.0 to 9.1 [Release 9.0 to 9.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When the situation exist where a contract with a monthly billing frequency has been billed, amortized, then canceled in the middle of a month i.e. contract 323298, If this contract is run with any other contract in the Data Selections of the R1732 Service Contract Workfile Generation the second contract i.e. 324040 will be Billed incorrectly, the first contract i.e. 323298 bills ok.
However if both contracts are run individually both bill correctly.
It has been noticed that if contract one 323298 has been billed, amortized, then canceled with a mid month cancel date ( i.e. 6/16/2015) and reason code 30, with a Canceled Adjustment Cost of i.e. 3.01
and the second contract does not have a recurring amount i.e (one time billing), and has a bill through date of 6/30/2015, when the R1732 is run in proof for i.e. 6/30/2015 any contracts after contract 323298 that do not have a recurring amount will bill for 3.01 less than their total contract amount.
STEPS To Duplicate:
1. Create a One line contract 749 Type EW, with a billing frequency of M (monthly) that starts on 01/01/2015 and ends on 12/31/2015 for 739.00
2. Run the R1732 up to 06/30/2015. Check PDF and make sure you have the 6 Billed Months at 61.58
2a.. Run amortization R17321 for just this contract. Users should now see an A B C record in billing control form i.e. Go to menu G1714 / P1720 / P1721 select line Row Exit to Billing Control confirm records A B C.
3. Go back to contract detail / P1721 highlight line and click on Row Exit Cancel/Suspend, Enter mid month cancel date ( i.e. 7/18/2015) and Reason Code 30, click ok to confirm. Row Exit back to Billing Control and look at the line for this contract. Adjustment should be – 3.01 there should be an "I" record in billing control with this adjustment.
4. Create a Second contract 750 Type EW that does not have a recurring amount (one time billing) for a certain amount i.e. Start Date = 3/01/2015 End Date = 2/29/2015 for $900.00.
5. Process Data Selecting on "Both" contracts in proof mode with the R1732 Through Date processing option equal 7/31/2015 and note the billing amount on the second contract is incorrect. It is incorrect by the canceled adjustment amount from the first contract of 3.01. i.e. 900 – 3.01 = 896.99
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms