E1: 17: P17730 Price Break by Item Quantity
Last updated on JUNE 10, 2016
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Service Management - Version 9.1 to 9.1 [Release 9.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Service Mgmt. General
P13700 Service Work Order Entry
P17730 Service Parts List
Service Order Advanced Pricing
Adding a service order parts list line for a volume discount (service order advanced pricing) quantity, hard commits to available inventory, placing any unmet requirements to primary, resulting in split lines that do not get the volume pricing discounts, due to the split line quantities.
Unplanned issues from P31113 to a service order, will also not combine like parts for volume advanced pricing, but will instead price each location record separately.
For example, consider a use case where the advanced pricing uses a volume discount for qty from 10 ea. Enter a billable service order with requirements of 15. Have 15 on hand, 8 at location A, 7 in location B. A manual issue of the total requirement will not give the volume discounted price for the 15, due to the split line (location) issues.
Similarly, entering a single parts list line for 15 ea will likewise be split (per hard commitments) THEN priced, resulting in no volume discount.
Expect that entering a single parts list line for 15 ea will be priced, receiving the volume discount, if appropriate, THEN split the line, retaining the discounted price for each split line. Similarly, the unplanned issue for a volume discount quantity will receive a volume discount, independent of the numbe rof locations used to get the required quantity, by item.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Ensure mfg constants set to Hard commit at creation of parts list.
2. Choose part number that has, say 8 in secondary location A 7 in secondary location B.
3. Ensure part has advanced pricing with discounts based on quantity breaks, say that there is a discount for a quantity break of 10.
5. Enter item in parts list for quantity of 15 to 20.
6. System should split the line between primary and secondary locations and properly create the associated F31171/F4074 records honoring the pricing for the original quantity.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms