E1: FDA: Trailing Spaces Assigned to a Variable Discarded by Event Rule Debugger when Interactive Application is Executed in Web
Last updated on MAY 30, 2017
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Tools - Version 9.1 to 9.1 [Release 9.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When a variable is populated with characters and then some trailing spaces at the end, the Event Rule Debugger does not show that the variable contains those spaces. The trailing spaces are discarded by the event rule debugger when the interactive application is executed in web.
Steps to replicate:
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Open any application in design mode, example P01012.
2. Insert a push button.
3. In the "Button clicked" event code, populate the variable so that it has trailing spaces.
4. Add another command so that you can place a break point on the debugger.
5. Save the application.
6. Open event rule debugger and place a break point.
7. Run the application in web and make sure debugger is triggered.
8. Trailing spaces are discarded by the event rule debugger.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms