E1: SEC: DB: How to secure the Tools Databrowser Exit for All Applications but still allow access to Databrowser
(Doc ID 2065487.1)
Last updated on JULY 21, 2020
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Tools - Version 9.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When accessing databrowser from an application, it does not enable the same security set in Security Workbench for databrowser
- Create security for databrowser to only "Allow access to Launch Databrowser"
- When launching databrowser, user has access to only Personal and Public Queries, cannot get to the table or business view specifically.
- Launch an application (for example, fastpath to P01012)
- Tools menu exit > Databrowser
- It will open giving the user access to the business view table lookup, which they should not have access to based on the security setting
Should be secured from the databrowser if they do not have "Allow access to Search and Select for Tables or Buiness View queries" granted to them.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document