E1: SEC: Row Security does Not work for P079951A as it does with P079951
Last updated on MAY 30, 2017
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Tools - Version 9.1 to 9.1 [Release 9.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When accessing restricted data from application P079951A, some of the data is hidden until you go into it by selecting (double click) or the menu exit for Row > DBA Detail, at which point, the user can see all of the information and none of it is restricted. When accessing the P079951 PDBA History - Work with DBAs History (Payroll Month), the information is secured correctly from view.
Steps to replicate:
- Create a new role BU_PR
- Assign role to user
- Row security setup on HMCU for BU_PR with N for a specific business unit, ex: set to N for 101018 but yes for all other ranges
- Log out, clear security cache, log in
- Launch P079951
- Try to access an employee number which is part of the secured 101018 and nothing comes back.
- Launch P079951A
- Try to access the same employee number which did not show in step 6 and it will be returned
- Double click the grid row to select or use the Row > DBA Detail and the form will load allowing the user to see all of the information instead of being secured
Note: When on the DBA Detail, the user does get an error which seems to indicate the security is partially working:
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms