E1: 47: Purchase Order Line Closed Error (861E) When Using EDI Doc Multiple Times
(Doc ID 2069453.1)
Last updated on JANUARY 14, 2021
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne EDI - Version 9.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
EDI 861 Inbound Receiving Advice (R47071)
The client is attempting to use the same EDI Document to receive two different PO lines at two different times. After successfully receiving the first PO line, if they blank out the successfully processed flag (F47071.EDSP) in the header by leave the successfully processed flag (F47072.EDSP) marked with a Y in line 1.000 and then add a line 2.000 with successfully processed flag (F47072.EDSP) with a blank, the second line is not processed and the following error is sent to the work center.
Purchase Order Line Closed (Error ID 861E)
CAUSE .... The purchase order line is closed and can not be received via this Transaction
RESOLUTION.. The transaction must be processed against an open Purchase Order Line
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Go into Work with Inbound EDI Receiving Advice (P47070) and click Find. If any records exist, select them and click on the Delete button.
- Verify that all the EDI 861 Inbound Documents are deleted.
- Create a new inventory purchase order with two lines for an EDI supplier and take note of the order number that was assigned (7002384).
- Go into Work with Inbound EDI Receiving Advice (P47070) and click ADD (+) to add a new EDI Document Number. On the Inbound EDI Receiving Advice Revisions screen manually populate the purchase order number and order type in the EDI fields for document number and document type.
- Enter the details for the PO line 1.000 receipt in the first grid row of the Inbound EDI Receiving Advice Revisions screen. Confirm that the Purchase Order Number and Type for the Line 1.000 receipt match the EDI Document Number and EDI Document Type. Save the EDI detail data.
- Populate the EDI Receiving Advice Header data. Confirm that the Purchase Order Number and Type match the EDI Document Number and EDI Document Type. Save the EDI header data.
- Run EDI Receiving Advice Edit/Create - Purchasing (R47071) to receive Line 1.000 of the PO only.
- Go into Work with Inbound EDI Receiving Advice (P47070) and notice the Successfully Processed Flag is set to Y.
- Go into the EDI Header and Blank out the Successfully Processed Flag (F47071.EDSP). Save the header.
- Go into the EDI Detail. Line 1 has successfully processed flag (F47072.EDSP) set to Y. Add line 2.000 of the purchase order with successfully processed flag (F47072.EDSP) set to Blank.
- Run EDI Receiving Advice Edit/Create - Purchasing (R47071) with data selection on the EDI Document Number with EDI Successfully Processed Flag (EDSP) not equal to Y.
- The PDF shows the system is attempting to receive both lines. There is an error on Line 1.000 which was previously processed.
- Check the work center. Line 1.000 has the error Purchase Order Line Closed (861E).
The client would like JD Edwards to add a data selection in the Detail Section of the R47071 Code to only select records where the EDSP Flag in the F47072 is not equal to Y.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document