Last updated on FEBRUARY 04, 2016
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Shop Floor Control - Version 9.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
After doing a negative unplanned issue for a component that has no inventory on hand in the P31113 Inventory Issues program, followed by doing a positive P31114 Completion for an Actual Cost 09 parent item / work order, the IC completion for the parent item is update in the Cardex and P4105 with a positive cost value. After running MFG Accounting R31802A and Variance Accounting R31804 it appears that the parent Items Unit cost / Amounts in the Cardex, P4105, and P31022 / F3102 have been adjusted as expected with a negative value. However when comparing the F0911 R31802A IM and IC journal entries with the F0911 R31804 IC Cost adjustment journal entry, it can been seen there is an integrity / imbalance between WIP, Raw Material, and Finished Good accounts. To address this accountants must do manual JE's to correct the accounts.
When doing Rework Actual Costing 09 work orders, the expectations is that the P31114 WO Completions update the Cardex and P4105 with an IC that has a negative cost value at the time of P31114 completion, even though a positive completion was done for the parent item. The expectation is that the P31114 take into account negative Issues and reported hours and calculate the Parent items IC cardex per unit and extended cost record, as well as the P4105 09 Sales Inventory per unit cost with a negative value, based on the negative issues and labor amounts.
Steps To Duplicate:
1. Create an Actual Cost Manufactured Parent (Stocking Type M inventory cost Level =3, inventory Cost Method = 09)
2. Create an Actual Cost Manufactured Comp (Stocking Type P, inventory cost Level =3, inventory Cost Method = 09 or 07 does not matter) (P4105 Cost $1) ( With No Inventory On Hand)
3. Create a P3002 BOM for the parent with the component on it Qty Per = 1
4. Open a Work Order using Parent item (Required quantity +1) Attach Part list to WO.
3. While in the P31113 Drop down to line two and do an unplanned issue for the same comp item number for a Qty of -1, "Make Sure line One does not get issued for a Qty of 1"
4. Complete the WO / Parent Item using P31114 for a Positive 1. Notice the P4105 09 Sales Inventory is update for the parent item for positive $1, and IC in cardex is for Qty of positive 1, Unit Cost positive $1, and Extended cost positive $1
5. Take a looking at the cardex for the unplanned negative IM
notice it has IM for Qty of positive 1, Unit Cost positive $1, and Extended Cost positive $1.
6. Run R31802A for the WO and IC, and IM JE are written to the F0911 as expected. However notice the F3102 / P31022 A1 Planned VS Actual is to be expected where Planned Amount = $1 and Actual Amount = - $1 Variance amount = 2. However A1 Actual Amount - $1 VS Completed Amount $1 = variance of $2. The Expectation would be Completed Amount to be equal to Actual Amount of (negative -1) with zero variance.
7. Run R31804 and the Actual Cost IC Adjustment is written to the F0911 for $2. The Cardex for the parent item is updated with the IC Actual Cost Adjustment = Ext Cost of -$2, The P4105 09 Sales / Inv unit cost for the parent item is correctly updated to - $1, and the P31022 / F3102 Completed Amount is also updated to - $1 to equal the - $1 Actual Amount. The R31804 seems to have corrected the variance / integrity issue as designed, however when comparing the F0911 R31802A JE's to the R31804 IC Cost Adjustment JE the WIP Account integrity issue can be seen.
Note: Clients can change the DMAAI so the R31804 IC writes into the Finished goods account, it would work for this specific use / case, but all the other variances (not related to Negative Actual Cost) will be corrupted, and will need a manual JE adjustment currently the clients only option is to do manual JE's to balance finished goods and raw material accounts.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms