E1: 42: Ability to Change Price for a Sales Order Released From Blanket/Quote Order
(Doc ID 2074159.1)
Last updated on APRIL 04, 2019
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Sales Order Management - Version XE and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When a sales order is created from a quote or blanket, and the user attempts to enter the unit price field and manually change it after it was created, the field is locked and cannot be changed. The software is functioning per the current design.
- In EnterpriseOne Software and World the price of the quote or blanket is considered a firm negotiated agreement for the customer to buy a specific quantity of the item for the quote or blanket price.
- With this feature in place, any sales order with a Sales Quote or Sales Blanket Order attached will have the same price on the sales order as is on the blanket or quote order that was used to create it.
- To allow a user to change the sales order without affecting the original quote or blanket would be considered to be a violation of the data integrity, causing the linkage between the agreement price and the sales order price to be lost.
- The expectation is that if the customer has agreed to different price than was on the original sales quote or blanket, the user must first change the price on the quote or blanket and the generate the sales order based on the newly agreed upon price.
- If the quote or blanket is changed before generating the sales order there will continue to be integrity between quote and blanket agreements and resulting sales orders.
Several clients have requested this functionality be changed because they desire more flexibility during the sales process such as the following scenario.
- A sales rep provides a quote to a customer for a specific price.
- Later, while in the customer's office the sales rep gets the customer to agree to place the order if they drop the price lower than their original quote
- The sales rep can make a phone call and get approval from a sales manager to drop the price while in the customers office
- The sales manager or the sales rep calls the factory and communicates the approval of the new price and agreement with the customer.
- The factory reenters the order, selecting the quote, but our system does not allow the factory rep to override the price supplied by the quote.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document