E1: RDA: Not Able To Make A Field Not Visible In RDA Under Variable Properties
Last updated on MAY 30, 2017
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Tools - Version 9.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When working in Report Design Aid and trying to make something not visible under variable properties is not working.
STEPS TO REPRODUCE
- Get into design for a report like R0006P
- Click on the View drop down menu and select Report Tree View
- From the left panel expand the sections and select Business Unit Report LBH
- Click on the plus sign to expand
- Click on the Fields section to get all the fields for the section
- Double click on Company and the variable properties window will pop up
- Click on the Advance tab
- The visible check box is selected so click on it to make it blank and click OK to save
- The Variable properties window will automatically close
- Double click on Company again to verify the visible option is not selected and cancel once you verify the change got saved.
- Run the preview and you will not see a chance. All fields display in the report. Same thing happens if you run the report from batch version
- Go back to Company and double click
- From the Variable Properties click on the advance tab and this time once you verify that the visible option is not checked this time click OK instead of cancel.
- Run the preview and F5 to rerun and the fields will not display this time.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms