E1: 31A: When Material Cost Less Than Labor Cost 09 IC Is Zero
Last updated on MAY 11, 2016
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Shop Floor Control - Version 9.1 to 9.1 [Release 9.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When using an 09 Actual Cost Parent Item / Work Order and an unplanned negative issue is done using the P31113 Inventory issue along with labor hours being reported using P311221 Hours & Qty, followed by R31422 Hours & Qty Update. If the cost / amount of the negative IM material issue is less than the cost / amount of the labor hours reported, when doing a completion using the P31114 Work Order Completions program the IC written to the Cardex for the 09 Actual cost parent item will always be Zero Dollars for the Extended Cost.
Steps To Duplicate:
1. Create an Actual Cost Manufactured Parent (Stocking Type M inventory cost Level =3, inventory Cost Method = 09)
2. Create an Actual Cost Manufactured Comp (Stocking Type P, inventory cost Level =3, inventory Cost Method = 09) (P4105 Cost $3) ( With No Inventory On Hand)
3. Go to Work Center Rates P3006 and make note of the Simulated and Frozen 09 Work Center Rates for i.e. Branch M30, B1 and B3 in Work Center 200-201. In this test they are both $2.00.
4. Create a Routing P3003 for the parent item using the work center above i.e. 200-201. Add B1 and B3 hours to the work center operation Seq 10, 1 Hour Each, Time Basis U and Crew = 1
In this test we will be doing a negative unplanned issue so no P3002 / BOM is needed.
5. Open a Work Order using Parent item (Required quantity +1) Attach Routing WO.
6. G0 to P31113 do an unplanned issue for the comp item for a -1
7. Go to P311221 Hours and Qty and Report Labor Hours to the WO for B1 and B3 1 hour each. Then Run Hours and Qty Update R31422.
8. Complete the WO / Parent Item using P31114 Qty of positive 1
9. Check the Cardex and make note of the Component Item IM Extended Cost, and Check then check the Parent items IC Extended Cost. Notice that the P31114 wrote the IC for Zero dollars
10. Check the P4105 for the parent item notice the P31114 did not update the 09 Per unit cost because it calculates it as zero.
11. Run R31802A for the WO make note of the F3102 / P31022 file and program as well as JE created
12. Run R31804 for the WO and notice the IC Cost Adjustment to the F0911, Cardex, and P4105. (No Extra Cost was added to the work order / parent in this test so there should be no adjustment, however the adjustment amount is incorrect)
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms