E1: MOBJ: Text Media Object Printing   and & Characters when using Chrome
(Doc ID 2082498.1)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 26, 2019
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Tools - Version 9.1 to 9.2 [Release 9.1 to 9.2]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When a text media object is added to a PO line using Google Chrome and having double spaces between two words. The text appears fine from the media object viewer but when printing the text media object the PDF displays the following garbage characters   where the double space belongs. Likewise, when typing a & symbol between two words in a text media object, the media object viewer appears fine, but the PDF printing displays a & where the & belongs. Please see below
From Media Object Viewer the text displays correctly. There are two spaces between words "with" and "two", and there is a & symbol between the words "spaces" and "this".
After running a report to print the text media object the PDF displays and &
STEPS TO REPRODUCE
- Signed on to E1 using Chrome
- Fast path to P4210
- Enter a new order
- Go to the main screen in P4210 and search on the grid for the new order
- Select the order and click on row/order/attachment/detail attachments
- Once you get the media object viewer select the TEXT icon to enter a text attachment
- Make sure you only type one line and no enter key at the end (my test one)leaving two spaces between test/one. Additionally, make sure to put a & between two words.
- Fast path to BV
- Inquire on R42520/XJDE0001
- Run the version only for the order you entered and open the pdf
- You will find the text you entered and instead of two spaces you will get  . Likewise, where there was & in the Media Object Viewer, you will find &.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document