E1: 13: P13714 Gives Error ID 0037 Address Number Invalid F4801 Supervisor Field
Last updated on JUNE 20, 2016
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Capital Asset Management - Version 9.0 to 9.0 [Release 9.0]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When and existing employee with a valid address book record tries to update the Supervisor field (ALKY) / F4801 WAANPA with their AB number in a P13714 Equipment Work Order and then clicks OK in an Equipment Work Order P13714, Error Message ID 0037 Address Number Invalid is given. Upon further investigation it was found that this is being caused when terminated employees have had their address records changed to X search type in the addresses book meaning inactive, AB Number was deleted, or User Role Security is setup for a user to supress the AB number in the Supervisor field (ALKY) / F4801 WAANPA. When a existing employee tries to reassign the work order to themselves by adding their valid none secured AB number in the Supervisor field of the WO it looks like they are able to do so. However when OK is clicked to save the change the error never goes away. When Looking at the Supervisor field WAANPA in the F4801 Work Order File for the WO in question the Old terminated employees inactive / secured address book number is still in the field. Also note when Looking at the Supervisor Field ALKY / WAANPA in the P13714 its Blank as if the Old terminated employees AB is not their and does not highlight in red. Also note the issue can be corrected by Blanking out the old employees AB Number that resides in the F4801 Supervisor field WAANPA via SQL.
Error Message ID 0037 Address Number Invalid
STEPS To Duplicate:
1. Find two valid Address book numbers in the Address Book Revisions P01012 i.e. 989, and 987.
2. Go to menu G1316 / P13700 / P13714 and create an equipment work order with the "Supervisor" field populated with i.e. AB number 987. Click OK to save.
3. Databrowse the F4801 and confirm that AB number 987 is in the field "Supervisor" “WAANPA"
4. Setup user Role Security so that a user does not have the ability to see / use AB Number 987 in the P13714 / F4801 / WAANPA Supervisor Field.
5. Go to menu G1316 / P13700 inquire on the work order number created above then select the WO to move to the P13714 WO header and notice error ID 0037 Address Number Invalid “Hard Error”. Also notice the "Supervisor" field is not highlight and it’s Blank because of the user role security added.
6. The error message is correct because the AB number 987 is secured for the user. Now try correcting the issue by entering a valid AB number that is not secured i.e. 989 in the field and tab out of field. Notice the system validates the new AB number 989, but the error message remains because it’s a hard error.
7. Click OK to save the change, notice the error message remains and the work order change cannot be saved.
8. Go to Databrowser and browse the F4801 for the work order and notice the AB number 987 is still in the "Supervisor" field “WAANPA".
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms