E1: 43: Error 3038 Inventory and G/L Don’t Balance With Landed Cost
(Doc ID 2087361.1)
Last updated on MARCH 24, 2020
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Inventory Management - Version 9.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
PO Receipts (P4312) updates the G/L Inventory Flag (F0911.GPF1) with a 1 for a Landed Cost when the “Include in Cost” field is set to N in the Landed Cost Revision program. The result is a false variance being reported when running Manual Inventory to G/L Reconciliation (P41500). The error 3038- Item Ledger and GL do not Balance appears in the grid for these entries.
If the ”Include in Cost” field is set to N in the Landed Cost Revision program, the G/L Inventory Flag (F0911.GPF1) should be set to blank when PO Receipts (P4312) creates the landed cost journal entries.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Setup a landed cost rule with two landed costs.
- On the first landed cost set the “Include in Cost” field
- On the second landed cost set the “Include in Cost” field to Y
- Create a Purchase Order with the landed cost rule attached.
- Create a PO Receipts (P4312) version that includes landed cost.
- Perform the PO Receipt with landed cost.
- Check the Item Ledger (P4111) and confirm the landed cost is not included in the record that is created.
- Check the journal entries created for the receipt and landed cost. Confirm that the G/L Inventory Flag (F0911.GPF1) is updated on both records.
- Run Manual Inventory to G/L Reconciliation (P41500). Confirm that the error 3038- Item Ledger and GL do not Balance is reported due to Landed Cost being incorrectly counted as inventory.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document