Last updated on JANUARY 15, 2016
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Sales Order Management - Version 9.1 to 9.2 [Release 9.1 to 9.2]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 9.1 version, Sales
Program: P4205 Ship Confirmation
P4205 Ship confirmation is not updating P420111 Blanket Quantity Open and Amounts when P4205 version is defined to allow Overship and where sales order line was originally auto released from Blanket at time of Sales Order Entry.
When P4205 version is defined to allow overship and quantity is increased at time of ship confirmation, Blanket Open and Quantity Amounts should be updated in P420111 to reflect changes
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. P4210 Blanket; Enter New Blanket Order for Customer and Item
2. P4210 SOE; Set processing option on Process tab
#7 for Blanket/Quote Order Processing = 1 = Process by Sold To address, and
#17 Default Selection for Single Blanket Orders = Blank = Automatically select blanket when one unique blanket is identified
3. P4210; Enter New sales order for customer and item where Blanket order is associated as OORN Original Order Number and referenced from SOE Additional Information exit from SOE Detail Line
4. P4205 Ship Confirm; Set Processing options:
Version tab = Same P4210 version in step 2 above, and
Edit tab where
#1 Check Availability = 1 to Check availability and notify
#3 Prevent Over-shipping = Blank to Allow Overship
5. P4205 Ship confirm order line and increase line quantity to overship and save
6. P420111 Review Blanket Order and see that P4205 did not decrement Quantity Open or other related Blanket order values for overshipped quantity at time of ship confirmation.
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, the blanket order still shows open quantity and amounts and is not updated. After an internal audit of inventory, product has actually been shipped to meet the demands of the blanket order and yet not reflected properly in the open blanket order.
Customer uses the Blanket Orders to notify customers of the open commitments for product they are responsible for and now realize that the Blanket information is not correct when trying to get payment from customers for product commitment that have been shipped to fill orders.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms