E1: 31B: Blend Performance Improvement ESUs
(Doc ID 2092904.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 01, 2021
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Blend Management - Version 9.1 and later
JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Grower Management - Version 9.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Two new Bugs have been implemented to provide performance improvements for our clients using the Blend and Grower modules.
Bug 19956791 - Roll Forward/Recalculation - Performance Improvement
- Reduce the amount of data that rolls-forward, by classification of Lot Attributes. Any change to the Lot attributes now results in just that attribute being recalculated during roll-forward.
When new operations are inserted, operations are closed, or any legitimate changes are made to lot attributes, recalculations now function more efficiently.
Bug 20108356 - Blend Dependency and Barrel Inquiry
1. Create Dynamic Dependency chain - The Blend Dependency Chain has been re-written to take advantage of new technology; enabling the system to reliably
and efficiently maintain dependencies with large volumes of data.
- Uses data from Operation header Table (F31B65) and the Vessel Assignments Table (F31B70) to dynamically fetch and display the required data
- No longer required to maintain the static dependency chain table F31B33
- Eliminates errors due to data corruption
- Fetches and maintains the data on-demand basis
- No longer required to run R31B33FIX
2. Set-based APIs in B31B6530 (GenerateBarrelInquiry BSFN) has been enhanced.
- Leverages the latest Tools features (9.1.5.x) to improve the performance
Blend Dependency Chain Performance Improvement features include three main enhancements:
1. On Insert/Update of Operations, any legitimate changes to lot attributes, status code, or dates will continue to be recalculated to downstream lots.
2. Recalculations are to function efficiently using currently available system resources.
Additionally, dependency chain performance has been improved as cache is built from Operation Header (F31B65) and Vessel Assignment (F31B70) tables.
3. Only downstream dependent records are added to Dependency Chain Cache. Benefits include the elimination of errors due to data corruption, fetch and
maintain the data on-demand basis, and you are no longer required to run R31B33FIX.
There are two Special Instructions when applying the ESU containing Bug 20108356:
1. Table Generation - Barrel Inquiry Work File (F31B03E) has been modified for the bulk insert. The table will have to be regenerated for Barrel Inquiry.
2. Requires Mandatory Tools Release of 9.1.5.x or higher
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document