Last updated on JANUARY 15, 2016
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Procurement and Subcontract Management - Version 9.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Purchase Order Entry (P4310)
G/L Post (R09801)
When the Posting Edit Code is set to S the Post (R09801) program is supposed to post subledgers in Summary Format meaning that the Account Balances (F0902) records are not created and updated with subledgers on them. This keeps the Account Balances (F0902) table from growing too large. This works for AA ledger (actual expense) records but not for PA ledger (encumbrance/commitment) records which create a PA ledger record for every subledger transaction in the Account Balances (F0902).
The client would like PA ledger records to be created and updated at a summary level, same as AA ledger records are.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Setup a new G/L Account (P0901) with Posting Edit Code S which posts subledgers in Summary Format.
- Create a J Line Type Purchase order for the new G/L Account, populating 10002 in the Subledger and S in the Sub Type. Save the order.
- Check the Account Balances Table (F0902) and notice the PA Ledger Record was created with the Subledger number populated.
- Now perform a two-way match voucher (P4314).
- Post the Voucher Batch (R09801).
- Check the Account Balances Table (F0902) and verify the AA ledgers have no subledger populated but the PA ledgers do.
- Create a second PO with the same account but a different subledger.
- Check the Account Balances Table (F0902) and notice another PA Ledger Record was created with the new Subledger number populated.
- Perform a second voucher match.
- Post the second voucher.
- Check the Account Balances Table (F0902) and notice the AA ledger was updated with no subledger. Now there is one AA ledger record but 2 PA ledger records. This is because the AA ledger is updated in Summary (no subledger), but the PA ledgers only get updated at the detail (with subledger) level. This accumulation will continue.
For this client, the subledger is used for work orders and the PA ledger records in the Account Balances (F0902) table are growing by 100,000 records per year. This has a performance impact on Project Financial Reports that use the PA ledger records as well as on the Commitment Integrity Report (R09801) which has many more pages of integrity issues to deal with. So this affects both performance and administrative effort needed to maintain the data.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms