Last updated on FEBRUARY 13, 2016
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne EDI - Version 8.12 to 8.12 [Release 8.12]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
8.12 version, EDI - Flat File Conversion
EDI Flat File Conversion (R47002C)
Tools Release 8.98
When attempting to Flat File Conversion (R47002C) Version N7200001 to upload Voucher Data into the Inbound Voucher Z tables (F0411Z1, F0911Z1 and F0911Z1T) on the iSeries AS/400 Enterprise Server, the job fails to process successfully and the following Message is sent to the Workcenter, and in the debug log.
WORK CENTER ERROR
Error: Open of File Unsuccessful (Error 3003)
Open of File Unsuccessful (3003)
Cause . . . . One or more of the master files required for the execution of this program failed to open successfully.
Resolution . . Please exit this program and contact your Operations department to have the appropriate file(s) created in your environment.
DEBUG LOG ERROR
Error: Open of File Unsuccessful (3003) is issued by Business Function ImportFlatFileToJDEFile (B4700240.c) on Line= 163 of the code
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- The Flat File Encoding (P93081) is activated for IBM37 (EBCDIC) for the EDI Flat File Conversion (R47002C) program because the flat file is uploaded from a location on the AS/400 Enterprise Server
- The Flat File Cross Reference (P47002) for the JDEVOUCH inbound transaction specifies the location on the AS/400 Enterprise Server as: /PY812/import/OSCAR_JD_AP.CSV.
- Sign into the AS/400 and find the PY812 directory in iFS
- Within the PY812 iFS directory, find the “import” subdirectory
- Within the “import” subdirectory, confirm the flat file named “OSCAR_JD_AP.CSV” exists.
- Run the Flat File Conversion (R47002C) version for the JDEVOUCH transaction (R47002C Version N7200001) with debug logs activated
- Check the Work Center. The job contains the Error: Open of File Unsuccessful (Error 3003).
- Retrieve the Tracing (Debug) Log. Confirm the Error: Open of File Unsuccessful (3003) is issued by Business Function ImportFlatFileToJDEFile (B4700240.c) on Line= 163 of the code.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms