E1: 41: Item Reclassification (P4116) With Weighted Average Cost
(Doc ID 2109727.1)
Last updated on DECEMBER 16, 2020
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Inventory Management - Version 9.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Inventory Reclassification (P4116)
When reclassifying a quantity from one item number to another item number with an existing quantity, and both items use Weighted Average Cost (Cost Method 02), the Weighted Average Cost is not recalculated based on the combination of the From and To items quantities and costs.
Item Reclassification (P4116) should recalculate Weighted Average Cost.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Create one item number with weighted average cost of 0.
- Perform an inventory adjustment for a particular quantity and unit cost.
- Check the weighted average cost of the first item after the adjustment.
- Create a second item number with weighted average cost of 0.
- Perform a second inventory adjustment for a different quantity and unit cost.
- Check the weighted average cost of the second item after the adjustment.
- Reclassify the entire quantity from the first item to the second item.
- Check the weighted average cost of the second item after reclassification. The WAC was not recalculated.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document