Last updated on JUNE 22, 2016
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Configurator - Version 9.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When partially completing a configured work order (via P31114), the system is not creating a Sales Order Detail Tag File (F49211) for newly-generated component items that exist in the Sales Order Detail (F4211). When partially creating a work order associated to a sales detail line for a configured parent, the system generates new lines for the parent and the component for the sales order balance quantity. The absence of the F49211 records for the component items creates an issue when attempting to view the sales detail from the Sales Order Power Form (P42101) as the system returns a Record Invalid error (ID 0002). The error does NOT occur when attempting to view the sales detail from program P4210.
It would seem that the system should generate F49211 for the component lines generated from the partial completion transaction. However, why is the P42101 returning an error when P4210 does not?
Steps to Duplicate:
For a configured item, in the Assembly Inclusion Rule Revisions (P3293), create an unconditional P (Parts) Rule to return an item (in this example, a Purchased Item – Stock Type P). Ensure that the Write Attached Detail Line (WADL) field is defined as a ‘1’ to write to the Sales Order Detail (F4211).
1. Via P4210 or P42101, create a sales order for the configured item with a Quantity Ordered greater than 1. Configure the item via the Configured Item Revisions (P3210) and accept the configuration and the sales order.
2. Note the related work order number of the configured item.
3. Run Work Order Processing (R31410) against the work order to attach the Work Order Parts List (P3111).
4. Before completing the work order via P31114, ensure that Processing Option 2 of the Sales Orders tab of P31114 is defined as a ‘1’ to update the related sales order lot and location.
5. From the Completions program (P31114), PARTIALLY complete the work order by populating the Qty Completed field with a quantity less than the work order/sales order full quantity.
6. Review the sales order via P4210 and note that the system correctly splits the sales order lines, writing new lines at the balance quantity for both the configured parent and the component (Lines 2.000 and 2.001). The Quantity Ordered field of the original sales order lines (Lines 1.000 and 1.001) are updated with the work order completed quantity, and the parent line (1.000) has the Lot and Location updated.
7. Ensuring that you are out of the sales order from P4210, attempt to view the sales order detail from the Sales Order Power Form (P42101). Note that the system returns the Record Invalid error, and that the component line associated to the new configured sales order detail line is absent.
8. The reason for the error and the missing 2.001 record is because the system did not generate a Sales Order Detail Tag File (F49211) for the newly-generated component line (2.001).
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms