E1: 42: Decrease in Quantity on Sales Order Converted from a Quote Order is not Saved in the Sales Order using P42101
Last updated on NOVEMBER 03, 2017
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Sales Order Entry - Version 9.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
User is using quote orders converted in sales orders using P42101-Sales order entry. The cancel date in SQ is used for reporting and tracking purpose.
When requesting the quantity to be decreased from the SO, the SO is entered, quantity is changed and a warning is received 'Original Order Will Not be Updated'.
The user understands from the warning that the original SQ will not be updated, which is correct, but the warning states the modification in the SO will be saved and this outcome is not occurring.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Enter a quote order with dates in the past or current date by using P42101-Sales order entry.
- Create a sales order with dates in the future, from the quote order entered by using P42101.
- Wait a day to pass in order for the dates entered on the quote order to pass.
- Enter the sales order created, decrease the quantity and save the sales order.
- A warning is raised 'Original Order Will Not be Updated' and the sales order is saved.
- After saving and closing the quantity change on the sales order, the user verifies the SO.
- The change was not saved on the SO (as per the warning message raised), thus quantity remaining 2 EA as before change was performed, which is incorrect, as it was supposed to adopt the changes made.
The change needs to be saved on the SO (as per the warning message raised), quantity being changed to new decreased quantity, as per the warning stating that it is supposed to adopt the changes made.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms