E1: CAF1: Unable to Type any Text in Media Object Viewer when CafeOne is Enabled
Last updated on NOVEMBER 01, 2017
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Tools - Version 9.1 to 9.2 [Release 9.1 to 9.2]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
CafeOne is enabled on an application (Example: P4210) and linked to a form (Example: Work with Supplemental Data form P00092|W00092D). When user accesses Media Object attachment in the linked form, the user is unable to type any text in the Media Object Viewer. However, if the user directly accesses the application form via the fast path, the user can type in the Media Object Viewer when adding a text attachment.
Note: The form W00092D is not designed in the usual fashion, it allows media objects to be in Edit mode when accessing media objects through the paper clip icon on the Row Header. According to <Document: 960464.1> - E1: SEC: Security on Media Object Attachments, it mentions the following:
"According to standard design, Attachments accessed through form/row exits are in Edit mode and Attachments accessed through the paperclip icon are in Display mode i.e.Read-Only."
Issue only happens when CafeOne is enabled.
Steps to Duplicate:
- Enable CafeOne for the form W4210E in P952332.
- Set up CafeOne Layout to link W4210E to the W00092D form. Save the Layout.
- Run the Enabled E1 form by typing P4210 in fast path.
- On the linked form W00092D, click on the row header beside a grid row to launch the media object viewer.
- Click on the Text icon to add a Text media object attachment.
- User is unable to type any text in the media object viewer.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms