E1: FDA: Using Tools->Collaborate->Send Email, Application that is launched from Link Closes after Using Visual Assist and Hitting Find button
Last updated on MAY 30, 2017
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Tools - Version 9.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On Tools Release 188.8.131.52 and below, when using Tools -> Collaborate -> Send Email to send an application link to a email address, click on the email link and sign on to EnterpriseOne and use a visual assist within the application to search and select a value back to the form field and then right after click the Find button, the application closes out completely.
The following is an example of the email link sent:
Issue can be duplicated on Firefox and Chrome browser but not on Internet Explorer browser. Issue occurs only if pop-up blocker in Firefox or Chrome browser is off. If pop-up is blocked , issue will not happen. If pop-up is allowed issue occurs.
Issue can be duplicated on any application with Visual Assist button field and Find button.
Steps to Duplicate:
- First sign on to the web client as User A.
- Run an application, example "EnterpriseOne Menu -> Financial -> General Accounting -> Daily Processing -> Accounting Inquiries -> T/B / Ledger Comparison
- From the Tools menu select -> Collaborate -> Send Email.
- Type in the To Email address and click OK to send the email to User B.
- From the sent email, click on the link, example "http://servername:90/jde/ShortcutLauncher?OID=P09210A_W09210AA_LOG00001&FormDSTmpl=|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|&FormDSData=||||||||||".
- User B is now prompted with EnterpriseOne Sign On screen. Sign on to EnterpriseOne.
- Now on the T/B / Ledger Comparison form, click on the Visual Assist button beside the Skip to Account field.
- On the Account Master Search form, enter 1 in the Business Unit QBE and click Find. Select a grid row.
- Now back on the T/B / Ledger Comparison form, click the Find button.
- The application will close out completely.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms