E1: 42: Proposal Generation (P90CA24) Fails with Composite Template
(Doc ID 2153861.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 04, 2016
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne CRM Sales Order Entry - Version 9.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Sales Proposal Generation Wizard (P90CA24)
When attempting to generate a sales proposal from a composite template composed of two simple templates, on the third step of the proposal generation wizard, there is no proposal PDF file displayed. A PDF file does get generated on the server, but the data is corrupted and the document is not presentable to send to a customer.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Create a .rtf template for an Equipment Lease - the merge fields in this template are pulled from the Sales Order Header (F4201)
- Create a .rtf template for an Equipment Lease Addendum - the merge fields in this template are pulled from the Sales order Detail (F4211)
- Use the Proposal Generation Setup (P90CA242) to create a composite template from the two simple templates.
- Go into SO Entry (P4210) and pull up a sales order or quote for proposal generation
- Select a line and Row Exit to Proposal Generation
- On Proposal Generation Step 1 of 3, select Arv Lease Blank and Click Next
- On Proposal Generation Step 2 of 3, select both simple templates and Click Next
- On Proposal Generation Step 3 of 3, there is no proposal PDF file displayed.
- The PDF file is generated on the server but is corrupted.
- Attempt to open the file with Adobe Acrobat
- Message appears that there was an error opening this document
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!