E1: 42: Batch Backorder Release (R42118) Does Not Release Backorder
Last updated on JULY 28, 2016
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Sales Order Management - Version 9.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Batch Backorder Release (R42118)
When Batch Backorder Release (R42118) was run with data selection on a specific Sales Order number with a negative quantity available in the branch plant but with a positive quantity available in a secondary location, the program returns a blank PDF and the backorder is not released. When Online Backorder Release (P42117) was run against the order line the Quantity Exceeds Available Warning appears in the Online Backorder but it does release the backorder.
The issue was reproduced with the following steps:
- Create a new Item with a non-blank primary and secondary location. There is no inventory initially in either location.
- Create a Sales Order for 100 units which goes on backorder
- Check Availability (P41202) -100 are available in the Primary Location
- Create an Inventory Adjustment for 25 units to the secondary location
- Check Availability (P41202). There are still -100 available in the Primary Location, but +25 units are On-Hand and Available in the secondary location.
- Create a second sales order for 5 units. Quantity Exceeds Available Warning (030B) appears and all 5 units go on backorder.
- Check Availability (P41202). There are now -105 available in the Primary Location, but +25 units are still On-Hand and Available in the secondary location.
- Set process tab option #1 to 1 Batch Backorder Release (R42118) in to run in Final Mode
- Run Batch Backorder Release (R42118) with data selection on the specific sales order number.
- Blank PDF file was returned when the R42118 job was run.
- The line was not released.
- Now use Online Backorder Release (P42117) to release the line from backorder.
- Quantity Exceeds Available Warning appears in the Online Backorder.
- Backorder is released.
- Check Customer Service Inquiry (P4210) and confirm that Quantity Backordered was changed from 5 to 0.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms