E1: 49: Weighted Average Cost Not Calculating Correctly From Freight Allocation
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 08, 2016
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Transportation Management - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 9.2 version, Transportation
Weighted Average Cost not Calculating correctly from Freight Allocation
On an inbound freight allocated shipment across 3 charge codes, where one of
the charge codes is a detail level freight classification (NMFC) rate
definition, R4981 does not update average cost correctly. Specifically,
R4981 only totals 2 of the 3 allocated rates which causes the IB cardex
record to be incorrect and this weighted average cost is incorrectly
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create 3 payable rate definitions, each with a different payable charge
code. Make one of the 3 rate definitions a detail level freight
classification (NMFC). See attached print screens for specifics.
2. Add the 3 rate definitions to a rate schedule.
3. Add a Route
4. Add a new item that has zero quantity on hand. Make sure the NMFC code is
populated in the item master (shipping info exit). Make sure the item uses
weighted average cost (02) for purchasing and sales/inventory.
5. Be sure R4981 and P4312 are included in UDC 40/AV.
6. Turn on Freight Allocations in Charge Code Revisions for the 3 charge
7. Enter a one line transportation PO.
8. Route the shipment to the schedule created in step 2 above.
9. Approve and confirm/receive the shipment. P4312 should be called.
10. Run R4981 over the shipment with Process Tab processing option 4 set to 1
(Update item cost).
11. Inquire on the IB batch in the cardex and notice the total is incorrect.
One of the allocated rates is not included in the total. The F0911 IB
records are not correct either (same incorrect total). The F0911 FT V batch
allocation records are all generated for the freight allocation and do total
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms