Last updated on FEBRUARY 21, 2017
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Capital Asset Management - Version 9.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When the Equipment Constants are setup with Unit Number as Primary i.e. Blank, and a user enters an equipment work order using the M177142 Equipment Work Order Mobile App. When a valid Unit Number is entered in the Unit Number field the Unit Number Description field is incorrect. The Description field displays the Description of an Equipment Number based on the below setup and steps to duplicate. In short during the initial entry of the unit number the Unit Number field is validating against Equipment Number even though the constants are set as Unit Number as Primary. When the work order is saved and inquired on the Description field changes to the correct Description based on the unit number entered.
STEPS To Duplicate:
1. Go to menu G1311 / P1701 / P1702 Equipment Master and create the following two Assets with following Unit Numbers and Descriptions.
1a: Equipment Number = 81
Description field (DL01) = Loader Cat 966D 81
Unit number = 08.50010
Serial Number = 08.50010SN
1b: Equipment Number = 13767
Description field (DL01) = PUMP 7, ETHANOL
Unit number = 81.42176
Serial Number = 81.42176SN
2. Setup the Equipment Constants as Unit Number Blank / Primary
3. Restart JAS services to implement the constant change
4. Sign into the M177142 Equipment Work Order Mobile App and enter a WO for a Unit Number 81.42176 tab out of field and notice the Description Field populates with the description of Equipment Number 81 "Loader Cat 966D 81". The Description Field seems to be validating against Equipment Number 81 using the first to digits of Unit Number 81.42176
5. Save Work Order then inquire on the work order just created. Notice the Description Field has changed and now has the correct Description for Unit Number 81.42176 "PUMP 7, ETHANOL".
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms